Look people, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with having or wanting to have a ‘six pack’ but wanting it alone does not get it. You have to work for it.
Sometimes we just want to turn off our minds and have someone tell us what to do when we go workout. We sometimes need some extra oomph to keep you going and just feed off the energy of the instructor and the solidarity of the people sweating beside you.
Focus on all forms of exercise – that is the only way: Cardio and Strength. This along with eating healthy around 80% of the time will get the job done. No need to feel overwhelmed take baby steps and make small changes in your everyday routine until 1% becomes 90%. Yikes! enough with the over setting of goals…set ONE or two manageable goals and when those are accomplished set two more. Use your support system, lean on them hey even if they complain using their inside voice you’re getting to your end goal, right?
How to Do the Basic Squat
- Stand with a comfortable stance. Most will prefer their feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with toes turned out at a slight angle.
- Lower yourself by reaching back with your butt while maintaining a strong lower back. Keep your knees aligned with your toes and your toes and heel on the ground.
- Chest up, upper back tight, eyes looking forward, head in a neutral position. Maintain a nice cohesive line along your spine.
- Go to a sitting position (beginners) or just below parallel, so that your butt drops below your knees (advanced).
- Come back up by pushing through the heel.